Monthly Member Meeting
June 16, 2020 Member’s Meeting (Webinar)
WHEN: Tuesday June 16, 2020
LOCATION: Webinar-You must register. After you register, I will send out the Zoom link to join.
TIME: 9:ooam to 11:00am
TOPIC: 2020 NYS SEXUAL HARASSMENT PREVENTION UPDATE:
NEW RULES MEAN BIG CHANGES FOR EMPLOYERS
SPEAKER: Michael Sciotti, Barclay Damon LLP
This presentation will review the new Sexual Harassment Prevention Law which was signed into law in August 2019, and how it will impact employers. Specifically, this presentation shall address:
(1) New York State’s new harassment standard;
(2) elimination of the Faragher-Ellerth defense;
(3) elimination of employer coverage threshold under the New York State Human Rights Law;
(4) enhanced damages for employees;
(5) broader liability as to employee harassment against third-parties;
(6) enhanced training requirements;
(7) new settlement requirements;
(8) extension of time-period for employees to file claims with the New York State Division of Human Rights;
(9) fines and penalties under the New York State Human Rights Law;
(10) best discipline practices; and
(11) New York State standards for investigation of sexual harassment claims.
RSVP: Please register early so Michael can review your question
PAYMENT OPTIONS: For your convenience, NCHRA offers two payment options, either PayPal or check.
If you would like to pay online using PayPal, there is a nominal surcharge. If you choose to pay by check the day of the event, there is no additional charge. We welcome you to choose whichever option best fits your needs.
Members Breakfast (check) - $15
Members Breakfast (PayPal) - $16
Guest Breakfast (check) - $25
Guest Breakfast (PayPal) - $27
Members Lunch (check) - $20
Members Lunch (PayPal) - $21
Guest Lunch (check) - $30
Guest Lunch (PayPal) - $32